Media & Entertainment Sales Executive -Full Time
Wanted: Enthusiastic, self-starter with a history of success in previous sales roles. We work with Hollywood studios, fashion brands, film & TV producers, commercial producers, ad agencies and more, using drones to help creatives realize their vision. We are growing and looking for team members who burst with creativity, think outside of the box, and are passionate about media, arts, and entertainment
About You: You have learned from the best at a firm with a great sales training program and now you’re looking to spread your wings. Obstacles don’t stop you, instead you see a problem as a puzzle waiting for you to solve it. Organization is your friend. It is easy for you to speak with anyone and you like see the results of your hard work and good ideas.
About Aerobotics One: We are a team of creatives, engineers, pilots, and businesspeople who have come together with the same common goal—to build the world’s leading drone service company across multiple verticals. We pride ourselves on being a diverse and inclusive workplace in every sense. We have offices in La Jolla, London, UK and Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate is energetic, hardworking, creative, and able to think and work independently. Additionally, you display exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to connect and establish rapport with a wide variety of potential clients. As a sales executive in the Media vertical, you will report directly to the VP of Media and be responsible for bringing in net-new accounts, efficiently managing and accurately forecasting a sales pipeline, and driving overall revenue in the media Vertical. You have confidence and know-how to target, educate, and persuade new customers to adopt drone technology in new and creative ways. You will also have the opportunity to work with our sales and marketing departments in the creation and execution of strategic and tactical marketing efforts to drive pipeline and market awareness.
In a growing industry, you will have the chance to make your mark as we scale, innovate and improve the adoption of this exciting new technology.
* At least 3-5 years of experience in direct or indirect enterprise sales to media, marketing/ad agencies, production companies, or studios. Experience selling for these types of companies also considered
* Documented book of business and track record of success
* Track record of success in consistently exceeding overall sales goals
* Confidence and proven ability to build out a new territory
* Comfortable calling and interacting with senior executives of large enterprise firms
* Highly effective written, presentation, and closing skills
* Willing to travel and possess valid passport
* Bachelor’s degree or higher
* Active listening
* Organized and able to follow a system
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Able to quickly adapt in a rapidly changing start-up environment
* Superb attention to detail
* Willingness to learn, accept feedback and voice new ideas
* Unquestionable ethics and integrity and commitment to excellence
* Flexibility in the face of obstacles and sense of humor
* Fluent knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
* Salesforce experience preferred
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FULL-TIME
We are looking for an outstanding team player to lead our people operations. The ideal candidate will have experience with both the compliance and talent management aspects of running people operations for a growing, international start-up.
* Develop and implement processes for people operations by identifying and researching human resources issues and applying industry best practices.
* Implement and manage a world-class talent management practice to identify, recruit, and retain the best talent in the industry.
* Manages all aspects of people operations including hiring, evaluation, career planning, and terminations.
* Develop an equitable and competitive compensation plan and structure to retain the best employees.
* Develop and deploy the best organization training to maintain industry best practices and to meet all compliance requirements.
* Guide the CEO and General Counsel by providing timely and informed human resource expertise.
* Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing,
* writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines. Be an effective communicator to guard and develop organization values.
* Implement a world-class compliance practice to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
* Enhances department and organization reputation and efficiency by implementing new people operations processes where appropriate.
* Ideal candidate will be able to work well in a fast-paced, energetic environment with a positive attitude and impeccable time management skills.
* The candidate should be proactive and have excellent organization and attention to detail, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* The candidate must have the ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines.
* The candidate must be intimately familiar with human resource processes such as hiring, firing, talent management, performance management, etc.
* The candidate has managed people operations for a rapidly growing international organization.
* The candidate has managed talent and fostered a positive organization culture in a geographically distributed organization.
* Legal status to work in the US required.
* The candidate is familiar with BambooHR and Lever
* The candidate is proficient with Google Applications and Excel
Creative Development Director
Aerobotics One is seeking a Creative Development Director to join its fast growing bi-international team.
Do you love cross platform storytelling? Can you dissect why the stories make sense and how they could’ve been improved?
Are you watching the hottest new television shows AND what’s trending on YouTube, Snapchat, Seeso, and Go90?
Do people come to you to discuss digital consumer culture, digital insights and brand strategy? Do you have advice and insights for them?
If so, then you might be the right person for Aerobotics One Creative Development Director role. We’re looking for someone with one foot in traditional media, and another in digital media, combining those passions into an outlook for the digital future of global content consumption.
The Creative Development Director will work with Account Strategists to ideate and recommend video-based solutions for specific, high revenue generating key accounts, based on their needs. The ideal candidate will use A.O.’s Think-Make-Reach approach to pitch and sell engagements based on Client’s business objectives.
• Works reactively to respond to specific client requests, creative briefs, RFP’s, etc. by leading brainstorms and internal conversations tied to details outlined within client documentation. Successful brainstorms may require the gathering of research materials and publicly available comparable campaign and video content activations to share with internal stakeholders.
• Works proactively on developing creative solutions for existing Key Accounts with a focus on Client objectives and Magnet Media revenue goals.
• Co-owns (along with Account Strategists) the writing, outlining, and creation of proposals and decks to be presented to clients (new and existing) with the explicit goals of selling services provided by Magnet Media
• Assists in the project management, presentation, and delivery of client-facing pitches with Account Strategists.
• Dedicates 10-15% of time to overseeing Managing Producers in the execution of signed service engagements, including but not limited to the production of live action, animated, and live streaming video content.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience at corporate or brand marketing company, media company, media agency, or video production firm
• Experience presenting to senior clients and prospects (Manager-level and above)
• Understanding of best practices and trends across social media and other digital distributions platforms for video
• Knowledge of branded content environment and trends
• Comfortable with working on branded video content that functions like an asset that has metrics and KPI’s attached
• Asks thoughtful, open-ended questions and enjoys spending time with clients tackling difficult challenges
• Has a passion for storytelling
• Likes the data and analytics side of the business, gravitates towards translating that raw data into actionable insights and recommendations
• Thinks across platforms in a video first, mobile first way
• Can roll up your their sleeves and write and design presentations and pitches
• Excellent written, oral, listening and communication skills
• Collaborative, respectful style, able to work with diverse team
• Beneficial, but not required, to have experience with independent video production and editing
Flight Data Engine
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING – FULL TIME
The flight data engineer position is a cross between an operations engineer and a data scientist:
-You will be responsible for turning the large datasets generated by our drones and ground equipment into information that can be used to drive actions and decisions. This involves more than writing scripts – you will help design and build a comprehensive data management and analysis system which is integrated into the tools and routines of our operators and engineers.
-You will receive hundreds of megabytes of time-series data for each of our hundreds of flights per day. The tools you develop must be able to quickly analyze that data for a fleet of thousands of drones, looking for anomalies, maintenance issues, and unexplained abnormalities and surfacing information in an effective way to drive action.
-You will perform exploratory data analysis on these datasets after in-flight anomalies, finding precursor signals and implementing tools to catch issues before they become problems.
-You will be asked to answer specific questions about one, some, or all of our past flights, and will need to collect, aggregate, and analyze the data from those flights to do so.
• Moderate to proficient general python skillsProficiency in the pandas data analysis library in python
• Background in descriptive and distribution statistics
• Experience handling real-world datasets for analysis, including outlier detection/rejection, smoothing, interpolation, regression, and filtering.
• Experience in vehicle systems engineering (vehicle = spacecraft/aircraft/car/boat/etc.): You must know how all of the different parts of a vehicle work together to execute the mission.
• Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana (ELK) stack
• Experience operating vehicles in real-world environments
• Signal processing techniques, in both the time and frequency domains
Manager of Oil & Gas Solutions
The Manager of Oil & Gas Solutions is responsible for developing, growing, and managing Aerobotics One services in the oil and gas industry. They will advance A.O’s position as an industry leader and an expert in commercial drone services for Oil & Gas service offerings. This individual will report to the Vice President of Energy and work closely with the Flight Operations, Data Engineering and Sales Departments.
* Oversee Oil & Gas product development and ensure customer success.
* Work closely with Flight Operations and Data Engineering to provide a premium, innovative drone-based service. This includes improving existing workflows, data products and establishing new service line offerings.
* Develop new product offerings for Drone applications in the Oil & Gas space. Define business value and go-to market strategy. Identify new customers and align all required resources to expand market share.
* Develop and manage partnerships with Oil & Gas companies, service providers, affiliated organizations, etc.
* Travel to industry events and participate in speaking engagements to build A.O.’s reputation as an innovator and leader for Oil & Gas services.
* Promote A.O. to Oil & Gas industry and trade associations; author content and provide interviews to establish A.O.as a thought leader in the Oil & Gas space.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business Administration or a related field with 5+ years of professional experience in the Oil & Gas industry; or Masters/MBA with 3+ years of professional experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
* Demonstrated experience in operations, sales, consulting, asset management, or product development in the Oil & Gas industry.
* Experience in business development or a sales related job.
* Knowledge with geospatial data and software will be a strong plus.
* Experience with leading teams through product development cycle.
* Ability to think critically and solve problems creatively.
* Hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture.
* Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks while ensuring completion to deadline.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
* Creative and analytical problem solving capability
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Highly-attuned attention to detail and strong organizational skills
* Demonstrated ability to develop and lead high performance work teams
* Unquestionable ethics and commitment to excellence
* Former Military encouraged to apply
* Flexibility in the face of obstacles and a sense of humor
Customer Service & Fulfillment Operations
EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY-DISTRIBUTION CENTER OPERATIONS -FULL TIME
As a member of AeroboticsOne Fulfillment Operations team in East Africa, you will work with A.O.’s flight operations team to ensure safe handling, tracking, and delivery of medical products from A.O.’s distribution center to hospitals around East Africa. You will interact directly with hospitals to process incoming orders from hospitals and answer routine questions about delivery status and receipt. You will manage product handling and delivery package preparation, ensuring quality and efficiency of deliveries. In this role, you will also interact regularly with our upstream and downstream customers as well as with A.O’s Flight Operations team to ensure smooth end-to-end coordination from the time of upstream deliveries to the A.O. distribution center to the time of delivery to hospitals.
• Product inventory management and restocking ordering from suppliers
• Order preparation and packing
• Expiration tracking and management
• Implement best practices and safety precautions as recognized by regulators
• Participate in the continuous improvement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Perform daily quality control procedures
• Ensure safety in the A.O. distribution center’s product storage area
• Experience working in customer service, including ability to communicate effectively in the health sector
• Worked in high stress, time sensitive environments
• At least two years experience working with biological specimens or working with biomedical equipment
• Experience working in a blood bank, laboratory or clinical setting
• Experience in medical product handling
• Full Professional proficiency in spoken and written English
• Proficiency with other local dialects preferred but not required
Senior iOS Developer
Aerobotics One is seeking a motivated individual who is interested in building iOS based drone flight control, flight planning and operation management applications. He/she will work closely with drone pilots, drone engineers, data engineers, vertical SMEs, product/solution designers and developers, executives, other mobile developers and industry partners to develop proofs of concept, prototypes and products. As an individual and team based contributor he/she will plan, estimate and execute development while communicating milestones and challenges along the way.
Required Skills & Experience:
• BS Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience building flight control applications using the DJI Mobile SDK
• 2-10+ years in developing commercial application software
• 2-8 years in iOS development in consumer or enterprise
• Strong Objective-C, Swift and Cocoa Touch knowledge
• Experience integrating with RESTful Web Services
• Strong understanding of version control to include the use of Git
• Strong understanding of object oriented design
• Strong analytical problem solving skills
• Ability to work in an evolving startup environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate complex technical issues to cross-functional teams
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
• Have already developed apps in the Apple App Store
• Experience in advanced iOS frameworks: Core Data, MapKit, Networking
• Experience programming for user experience
• Experience with embedded systems
• Experience using several 3rd party SDK frameworks such as AWS, Crashlytics, AirMap, MapBox, Google Maps
• Have designed, built and/or enjoy flying small unmanned aviation systems
• Part 107 Certified Remote Pilot
Supply Chain – Buyer/Planner
Support the organization in all aspects of supply chain including with an emphasis on buying and material planning.
• Ability to understand and perform functions of demand, forecasting, planning for parts and production, MRP, requisitions, buying, negotiations and supplier management.
• Identify, quantify and source: cost reduction, risk mitigation and capacity opportunities as related to all facets of the supply chain.
• Tactically manage suppliers, with an emphasis on supplier quality and delivery performance.
• Place and update POs / Blanket POs to support the build plan.
• Learn and become proficient in the company’s ERP system to support all Supply Chain and related activities.
• Highlight and help eliminate potential procurement hold-ups within the organization at an early stage.
• Executes expediting strategies.
• Help identify and establish needed Supply Chain best practices and procedures.
• Help to identify, quantify and execute Supplier Development and strategic supplier management initiatives.
• Purchasing Policy and Procedure contribution and adherence including process improvement.
Preferred Experience & Education
• BA/BS in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Finance or related field of discipline or equivalent experience.
• Experience with buying and planning within an ERP environment.
• Ability to get people to do things for you at all levels, internally and externallyAbility to work independently with strong decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Aerospace or similar technical industry
• Experience with NetSuite ERP Supply Chain modules
• ISM and APICS certification preferred, e.g., C.P.M., CPIM, CPSM, CSCP.
• Experience in a lean manufacturing environment and knowledge of applicable tools and methodologies.
• Must be able to bend, reach and lift moderate weight items
• Must be well organized Convincing communicator
• Assertive / Confident
• Highly structured worker
• High attention to detail
• Self-starter / Results driven / Competitive
• Team player / Collaborative / Problem solver
• Action biased
• Energetic / Passionate
• Entrepreneurially minded